We all know that facials offer amazing benefits but is it really necessary to get them every 4 – 6 weeks and does this guideline vary based on skin type?
The basics of a facial
This is what usually takes place during a basic facial:
- Your skin will be analysed and cleansed
- To remove dead skin cells, your skin specialist will exfoliate your face
- To open up the pores, your face will now be steamed
- Your face will now be massaged to promote relaxation
- If there are any blackheads or clogged pores, these will now be removed
- A mask will be applied to moisturise and nourish the face
Today’s modern facials are generally also paired with other treatments such as laser treatments to enhance results.
Find out more about the luxury facials that you can use to freshen up your skin and create a more radiant appearance by visiting https://www.londoncosmeticclinic.com.au/services/luxury-facials/
How often should you get a facial?
This all depends on your skincare routine at home.
With so many different types of products available on the market, women generally already have an in-depth skincare regime that they follow at home. However, if you don’t exfoliate at home on a regular basis, you may benefit from receiving a facial from a professional every 4 – 6 weeks.
Even if you do have a great skincare regime that you follow at home, your skin can always benefit from a specialised facial every other month to give it that extra boost.
If you have any of the below problems though, regular facials are a must:
- Whiteheads and bumps on the skin that aren’t going away
- Post-breakout marks that need to be reduced
- Acne that needs to be dried up
- Brown spots and discolouration that needs to be lightened
Key benefits of facials
In case you’re still not convinced, here are some of the many benefits of receiving a facial from a skincare professional.
- You receive an expert skin analysis from someone who understands your skin type and how to care for it
- High-end, quality products will be used to nourish and treat your skin
- Expertly clear out any clogged pores and blackheads
- A professional facial massage will encourage brighter, glowing skin
- Intense hydration will plump up the skin, giving it a more youthful appearance
- Your skin can be checked for moles and sun damage that causes cancer
- Maintain a youthful appearance with regular facials
- Receive professional guidance on your skincare regime
Facials are very different to what they used to be. Today’s facials are highly personalised and far more results orientated, ensuring that you can enjoy healthier, glowing skin all year round, especially when you pair facials and other treatments with your regular skincare regime.
Just be sure to only consult with a professional dermatologist who has the necessary qualifications and experience to carry out specialised facials and skincare treatments.